International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT)
The International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) is one of Australia’s leading professional bodies representing practitioners operating within the natural health industry. All Get Threaded artists are encouraged to be members of the institute.
Aims of the IICT
1. To ensure all IICT Members will adhere to, and comply with all sections of the IICT Constitution and Code of Ethics.
2. To raise the overall public awareness of Complementary Therapies and Practices, as well as related healing arts and health sciences.
3. To ensure Complementary Therapists function at the highest professional standard.
4. To foster and encourage a ‘bridging’ between conventional allopathic medical, and allied professions.
5. To maintain overall professional standards via membership to a recognised International and Australian Institute for Complementary Therapists.
6. To provide a national voice for Complementary Therapists and Health Professions.
7. To encourage the sharing of knowledge and good will among IICT members.
8. To promote the needs of Complementary Therapists and identify future directions for the Natural Health Industry.
9. To create community and fellowship among the diverse Complementary Health Field.
10. To provide affiliation and greater credibility for Complementary Therapists via Professional Affiliation with the IICT.
11. To promote consumer confidence in the Natural Health Industry and allied health professionals.
Currently, the IICT has over 2500 Members covering a diverse range of complementary therapies and natural therapies. Get Threaded is proud to be associated with IICT.